Splendid 17th century sandstone Scottish baronial house, remodelled in 1829 by William Burn. The gardens include herbaceous border, formal rose garden, Lady Haddington's Secret Garden with old fashioned roses and an extensive "wilderness" spring garden with rhododendrons, azaleas, flowering trees and bulbs. Grounds include a one mile beech avenue to the sea. The formal walled garden combines the lawn, sculpture and yew hedges, an "apple walk", extensive herbaceous planting including roses and peonies with an informal arboretum. The Romanesque ruin of St Baldred's Church commands views across the Tyne Estuary and Lammermuir Hills. Tyninghame has been awarded 'Outstanding' for every category in the Inventory of Gardens and Designed Landscapes of Scotland. Directions: Gates on the A198 at Tyninghame Village.
1:00pm-5:00pm. £5.00, accompanied children free. Proceeds to RNLI Dunbar & SG Beneficiaries
Dunbar Lothian EH42 1XW
Sunday 14 May 2017 to Sunday 18 Jun 2017