TEDxNantwich - an independently organised TED event - is bringing people together from all across Nantwich and the surrounding areas to learn how climate change is impacting our local area and figure out what we can do about it.
Supported by Studio One Photography, this online event, hosted by Liz Boote from Loudhailer PR, will feature five expert speakers over 1.5 hours. Each will give their insights and provide bold solutions to the climate crisis. The speakers include:
• Elizabeth Renski, Executive Editor of leading publication 'CLIMATE CHANGE - The New Economy'. Elizabeth will provide an overview of the global climate action scene and discuss what the UK has been doing to accelerate solutions to the climate crisis.
• Dr Christian Dunn, senior research lecturer in the School of Natural Sciences at Bangor University. Dr Dunn will pose the question Are wetlands the superheroes of the natural world?
• Tim Boote, Founder of Crewe-based Protein Rebel. Tim will question how will we feed everyone by 2050, discuss new sustainable proteins such as insects and plants, and discuss how our food choices directly impact climate change.
• Lily Bernadet, Business Developer from Northwich-based Storengy UK (part of ENGIE). Lily will discuss whether green hydrogen is the fuel of the future.
• Simon Burgess, Head of Projects, Research and Innovation at Reaseheath College, Nantwich. Simon will discuss the college's research into how biochar in livestock feed can reduce methane emissions by 6-15%.
For more information about TEDxNantwich ‘Countdown to Climate’ and to reserve a place, please visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tedxnantwich-countdown-to-climate-tickets-118071116889
Sun 11 Oct 2020