Alnwick Methodist Church
Heritage Open Day: Alnwick Methodist Church spans over 200 years of Methodist Heritage. The church still displays the John Wesley 18th Century pulpit. In 1786 John Wesley laid the foundation stone for this chapel - which is still in use today. It is situated on Chapel Lane. The gallery was floored over in 1822 leaving the chapel upstairs and the building was remodelled for its centenary in 1886 by F R Wilson, a well regarded and prolific Northumberland architect. The original 1786 pulpit is still preserved in the corner of the upstairs chapel - John Wesley preached from this for the last time on May 10th, 1790.
Sat 11 Sep:10.00 - 16.00. Free Entry.
Chapel Lane, Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 1WT
Sat 11 Sep 2021