Grove House/Mayor's Parlour in Grove Park
Heritage Open Day: The Mayor's Parlour and Meeting Room at Grove House, a former 19th-century manor house and now the HQ of Weston Town Council, where you can view the town's civic regalia, robes, paintings and charters. Take an online tour of Grove House during Heritage Open Days.
In 1810 the Rev Wadham Piggott, whose family had owned the manor of Weston since 1696 created a private park with lawns, shrubbery, terraced gardens and a sweeping drive. In 1815 what became known as Grove House and Park transferred through marriage to John Hugh Smyth (1792-1853) of Aston Court, who assumed the name Smyth-Piggott and further improved the grounds.
In 1889 Grove House was acquired for the town from his grandson, Cecil Hugh Smyth-Piggott.
Fri 10 Sep:Anytime. Sat 11 Sep:Anytime. Sun 12 Sep:Anytime. Mon 13 Sep:Anytime. Tues 14 Sep:Anytime. Wed 15 Sep:Anytime. Thu 16 Sep:Anytime. Fri 17 Sep:Anytime. Sat 18 Sep:Anytime. Sun 19 Sep:Anytime. Free Entry.
Grove House, Grove Park, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset BS23 2QJ
Fri 10 Sep 2021 to Sun 19 Sep 2021