The Real Middle Earth
20 years after the release of the film trilogy and the start of West Stow’s Ring Quest, explore how, why and where The Lord of the Rings ‘legendarium’ began.
Find out about the links between Tolkien and the Anglo-Saxon world on a guided tour starting at 12 midday and lasting about an hour.
After a break of about another hour, enjoy a lavishly illustrated talk on Tolkien’s original inspiration for Middle Earth, how that was developed in the films set in New Zealand and the widely acclaimed fan film about Aragorn’s family set in West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village. This session lasts about an hour and includes a chance to see and handle some replicas from the films.
This is part of a series entitled ‘Our Story’.
- Does not include full admission to the Anglo-Saxon Village (access for tour only)
- This is partly an outdoor event so please wear sensible clothing
- The event is suitable for adults and/or accompanied young people 12 years and over; all must be paying participants.
- Please meet at the West Stow Visitor Centre 10 minutes before session start time.
- This event will go ahead in most weather conditions apart from extreme wind and/or rain (introduction inside).
- Parking: Normal parking fees apply (£3 for the day)
Tickets: £15 per person
West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village, Icklingham Road, West Stow, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP28 6HG
Sat 12 February