Somerset Chamber Choir Concert - The Poets Inspire
Somerset Chamber Choir
Richard Laing – Conductor/Violin
Anita D’Attellis – Piano
Shulah Oliver - Violin
Along with Elgar’s delightful Spanish Serenade, this concert offers a rare opportunity to hear Hamish MacCunn’s dramatic portrayal of Longfellow’s Wreck of the Hesperus, and Stanford’s unjustly neglected but beautiful setting of Tennyson’s The Princess.
There is also an unusual chance to hear Vaughan Williams’ iconic masterpiece The Lark Ascending, inspired by George Meredith’s poem of the same name, in the original setting for violin and piano.
Three instant classics from the 21st Century, including settings of Longfellow and E.E. Cummings, will complete what we hope will be an afternoon to inspire us all.
• Eric Whitacre – I will ride out
• Hamish MacCunn – The Wreck of the Hesperus
• Charles Villiers Stanford – Cycle of Songs from The Princess
• Stephen Paulus – The Day is Done
• Edward Elgar – Spanish Serenade
• Ralph Vaughan Williams – The Lark Ascending
• Richard Danielpour – As Night falls on Barjeantane
Concert on Sunday 13th February starting at 4pm
Tickets: Adults £18, £15, (reserved), £11 (unreserved). Children/students half-price.
Taunton Visitor Centre, Market House, Fore Street, Taunton, TA1 1JD
Tel: 01823-340470 – Open Monday to Saturday – 09.30 to 16.30
Tickets on line at www.ticketsource.co.uk/somersetchamberchoir
King’s College Chapel, South Road, Taunton, Somerset TA1 3LA
Sun 13 Feb 2022