The Real Middle-earth Tour
The Anglo-Saxon origins of The Lord of the Rings story are explored in this guided tour.
Find out about the links between Tolkien and the Anglo-Saxon world on a guided tour from a member of the Tolkien Society and a Middle-earth enthusiast.
The Anglo-Saxon Village was also a set used in ‘Born of Hope’ a fan film which prequels The Lord of the Rings. The tour, which lasts a little over an hour, concludes with a ‘riddle battle’ like that in The Hobbit.
- This is partly an outdoor event so please wear sensible clothing.
- The event is suitable for adults and/or accompanied young people 10 years and over; all must be paying participants.
- Please meet at the West Stow Visitor Centre 10 minutes before session start time.
- This event will go ahead in most weather conditions apart from extreme wind and/or rain (introduction inside).
- Normal parking fees apply.
Tickets: Adult £25, Child £10
West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village, Icklingham Road, West Stow, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP28 6HG
Thu 14 Apr to Sun 12 June