Cheltenham Music Festival 2022
Prepare for nine days of performances that are sure to delight and inspire this summer.
From Friday 8 July to Saturday 16 July, Cheltenham Music Festival is bringing everything from Festival favourites to large-scale concerts including the likes of the New English Ballet, the Brodsky Quartet, BBC’s New Generation Artists, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and so much more.
- Leading international artists including Martin James Bartlett [13 July], Brodsky Quartet [11 July], Anoushka Shankar and Manu Delago [9 July], Anna Dennis [15 July], Ingrid Fliter [10 July], and Sheku and Isata Kanneh-Mason [8 July].
- Look Both Ways on 16 July sees three composers explore the themes of connection and identity. The concert includes two world premieres: Connor Mitchell’s settings of correspondence between Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears, and Claire Victoria Roberts’ set of miniature works inspired by the letters between Kurt Weill and Lotte Lenya, alongside Bobbie-Jane Gardner’s arrangement of Odetta’s iconic 1970’s song: Hit or Miss.
- Other world premieres include works by Andrew Chen [9 July] and participants in the Composer Academy.
- Laura Bowler’s Distance, a ground-breaking multimedia chamber work, will be performed at Parabola Arts Centre [10 July]. While soprano Juliet Fraser performs live in Cheltenham, the Talea Ensemble will be livestreamed from New York.
- New English Ballet Theatre celebrates the work of six female choreographers [10 July].
- Continuing the Festival’s commitment to supporting young talent the BBC New Generation Artists recital series is back with four live lunchtime broadcasts [12, 13, 14 & 15 July]. There are four further early evening ‘Rush Hour’ recitals on the same days, the second of which will showcase a finalist of BBC Young Musician of the Year 2022.
- Also returning are Classical Mixtape [11 July], Composium [15 July] and Music and Mindfulness [9 July].
Tickets and timings vary per event, but start from as little as £3.
Cheltenham Town Hall
Cheltenham College Chapel
Henry Weston’s Big Top
Hotel du Vin
Pittville Pump Room
St Gregory’s Church
Town Hall, Drawing Room
Cheltenham Town Hall, Pillar Room
Town Hall, Regency Cafe
Cheltenham Ladies’ College
Queen’s Hotel, Gloucestershire GL50 1QA
Fri 8 Jul to Sat 16 July