Swindon Railway Festival
The big GWR event of the year returns on 10 & 11 September 2022...
Step in to the glorious world of model railways this September and experience the amazing detail of miniature engines, carriages, wagons, stock and scenery.
This year’s event will be held in memory of Owen Rees Gibbon, who along with his brother John, was instrumental in helping to organise the festival and attracted the best model railway layouts and demonstrators to the Swindon show over the last 21 years.
More than 20 high quality model railway layouts will be part of this year’s event, all of which were specially selected by Owen before he sadly passed away last year.
- Experience the amazing detail of over 20 model railways and get up close to famous steam engines – all in one event!
- Taking place throughout the Museum, this festival combines all the wonderful displays at STEAM with a feast of model rail layouts.
- Discover award-winning Museum displays and exhibits telling the remarkable story of the men and women who built, operated and travelled on the Great Western Railway.
- View STEAM's three new exhibitions for 2022: ‘High Voltage – Electrification of the Western Network’, ‘The Diesel Decades’ and ‘Changing Trains – the Journey from Broad Gauge to Standard Gauge’.
- Families will love the special children’s interactive model railways, activity trails and thought-provoking activities inside the museum.
- For modelling enthusiasts, there are some brilliant demonstrations lined up. Specialist modellers will be at hand for a chat and to give tips and advice on loco and wagon building, soldering and weathering techniques.
- Talk to a considerable number of local and national heritage railway organisations.
- Trade stands inside STEAM will be stocked with model railway locomotives, kits and accessories, tools, plus railway books and gifts for a unique shopping experience.
Whatever your age, there is something for all everyone!
Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September 2022
10am - 5pm
Tickets on sale now: www.steam-museum.org.uk/event/swindon-railway-festival/
STEAM - Museum of the Great Western Railway
Fire Fly Avenue
Swindon Wiltshire SN2 2EY
Sat 10 September and Sun 11 September