Junior Wetland Rangers
Become a Junior Wetland Ranger this summer! Learn what it takes to care for our beautiful wetlands and help us with our daily mission to save wetland nature.
Enjoy an adventure-packed timetable of ranger activities throughout the holidays. Designed to teach valuable skills while having fun outdoors, these interactive challenges will reconnect visitors young and old with nature through wild play and exploration. There's a host of exciting reasons to keep coming back for all summer long!
Pick up your free Ranger Record Book and start your wetland adventure
- Fun Flamingo health check. Every year we need to do a health check on our flamingos to make sure they are healthy. Here you will find out how to do and become a Junior Wetland Ranger.
- Bird ringing. Ringing birds is really important to learn about how long they live and when and where they move to. In this session you will find out how to measure, weigh and ring a bird
- Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS). Visit our Discovery hide and count the number of birds you can see. The main ones to look for are in your Ranger Record Book!
- Pond surveying between 1.30pm and 3pm. How many species can you identify in our daily pond dipping sessions. Will you come face to face with newts?
- Get crafty with our arts and crafts sessions. Make a weather station, design a magnifying glass, or grow your own wildflower seed in the craft room between 1pm and 4pm
- Complete at least 3 of these activities and you can come along to a special ceremony at 4pm in the exhibition hall to collect your ranger badge!
Adult: Up to £15.95
Concession: Up to £13.60
Child: Up to £8.55
Family (two adults and two children 4-16): Up to £41.65
Under 4: Free
WWT Martin Mere, Fish Lane, Lancashire L40 0TA
Wed 27 Jul to Sun 4 September