Take on the Doko Challenge South!
Put yourself to the test, Gurkha style! Take on The Gurkha Welfare Trust’s annual 5km Doko Challenge South.
This year the race takes place 11 June 2023 at 11am, with the starting line at Richardson Evans Memorial Playing Fields, London SW15 3PQ. Places can be booked here: register.enthuse.com/ps/event/DokoSouth2023
This unique event sees participants running in the footsteps of the ‘Bravest of the Brave’. Based on a pivotal part of the Gurkha selection process, we challenge you to take on an undulating 5km cross-country course through Wimbledon Common with a weighted Nepali Doko basket strapped to your back. A hugely popular event that always attracts a fantastic turnout from our supporters and serving Gurkhas alike – places are sure to be in demand!
You can choose a weight for your Doko basket of 5kg, 10kg or 15kg, and can run, jog, or walk the route. Those looking to push themselves can aim to beat the Gurkha recruitment time of 46 minutes, or even last year’s fastest time of 19 minutes 30 seconds!
INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION
· Doko basket for the race, complete with your chosen weight. Don’t worry, Gurkhas will be on hand to make sure it is fitted correctly!
· Chip timers and online results, viewable on the day
· A fully signposted, 5km cross-country course, with volunteers marshalling the route and cheering you on throughout
· All-important finishers medal
· Goodie bag, complete with an exclusive GWT Doko Challenge T-shirt
· Individual and group finish line photos, available via our online gallery after the event.
Purchase your place at register.enthuse.com/ps/event/DokoSouth2023
11:00 Registration & Doko basket collection
12:15 Welcome & warm-up
12:30 Race begins
14:00 Finishers group photo
Richardson Evans Memorial Playing Fields
London SW15 3PQ
Sun 11 June