Moving Stories Celebration Event
Join us for a day of activities, opportunities and special guests, including Dennis the 1930s fire engine! Celebrate our exciting new exhibition, Moving Stories, with something for everyone.
Launched in the museum’s centenary year, Moving Stories is a new vibrant, interactive exhibition. Take a peek behind the scenes as we prepare to move Wakefield Library & Museum to a new city centre home in 2025. Look back at the stories we’ve told over the last 100 years and help us to write the next chapter.
On Saturday 25 March, take your visit to the next level:
- Take the selfie of the season with Dennis himself!
- Meet the restorers who expertly brought Dennis back to life
- Share your local story with us and see it illustrated live by artist, Tom Bailey
- Join our volunteers to record your oral history for our museum collection – afternoon only
- Discover some of the unseen treasures of our collection and gets hands on with local history
- Turn a paper plate into your very own Dennis fire engine
- Have your face painted by Sam’s Happy Faces
Plus, visit Wakefield Library for even more fire engine family fun! Enjoy a story time inspired by Dennis and make your own engine out of Lego.
Our friends at Create Café will also be open for refreshments, 10am – 2pm
The new Library & Museum is funded by the government’s Levelling Up Fund and Wakefield Council. The project is part of the Wakefield City Masterplan, which aims to deliver improved facilities for residents.
Saturday 25th March 2023
10am – 3pm
Drop in – booking not required
Burton Street West Yorkshire WF1 2EB
Sat 25 March