Heritage Open Day: This atmospheric building started life as a church in the 15th century and was converted to a mausoleum in 1877 after a new church was built in the village. There are impressive memorials in the chancel which trace the lives of the powerful Wentworth family. These include one to the Earl of Strafford, a supporter of the Crown, who was beheaded on Tower Hill just before the Civil War.
Guided tours of the vault which lies outside the church but is entered from inside the building down a flight of steps and a long sloping ramp. It was built in 1825 by the 4th Earl of Fitzwilliam and his son the 5th Earl.