Heritage Open Day: Bradford on Avon town bridge prison open to the public to view inside the 13th Century lock up. Originally used to lock up town drinks for the night before then taken to see the magistrate in the morning. This lock up is well worth a visit. John Aubrey, writing in the 1660s, mentioned that the building was a chapel. The building originally belonged to the Abbey of Shaftesbury and was passed down with the manor until the early 20th century. The antiquarian architect Sir Harold Brakspear restored the lock up in 1927. During restoration, medieval stone work was discovered.