Heritage Open Day: Quaint Victorian chapel in a rural setting, built in 1867 as a mission station by the Congregational church in Canterbury. Part of the Countess of Huntingdon Connexion, one of very few in Kent. Also used as a military hospital during World War One. The Broad Oak Chapel will be open over the weekend of the 13th & 14th of September and will be having a special Open Day exhibition with items such as photographs and minute books on display, showing some of its history of the last 150 years including its use by the military during World War One & its continuing links with Sierra Leone. Built in 1867 and enlarged slightly in 1900, it was ministered for many years by the Countess of Huntingdon Congregational church in Watling Street, Canterbury (lost in 1942) and is still part of the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion. Everyone is welcome to the Sunday service (starting at 1045), and there will be complimentary refreshments available throughout the day.