Heritage Open Day: A tour of the recent renovations of the Wesley Church and stage area. The Church was opened in 1849 as a Wesleyan Church, but kept as the property of Mr Aaron Gould; colliery owner, who provided and paid for a resident preacher. The chapel was described as 'the most beautiful building in Cinderford'. Problems led to its closure in 1873 but it was reopened on the Wesleyan Trust in 1881. It is unusual for a Methodist Church in that it has a number of stained glass windows in memory of various members of local families who supported the church with depictions of some of their interests as well as local scenes. In 2004 Wesley Methodist Church was joined by the Church Road Methodists to become Cinderford Methodist Church.