Heritage Open Day: The painted glass in the East window portrays Edward V and his family - one of only two portrayals in existence. The history of the Priory can be traced back to the 12C when it was established as a small Benedictine community of about fifteen monks under the control of Worcester Cathedral
The most famous of the Episcopal Visitations was that undertaken by Bishop Alcock in 1480, when he found ‘the great ruin of the Church and place’, and when he discharged the Prior and monks ‘by reasons of their demerits’. According to his own account they ‘builded their Church and put their place of lodging’ into a sufficient state of repair so that the monks were able to return to their Priory in 1482, having spent two years under correction at Gloucester Abbey.