Heritage Open Day: The church of the Holy Name of Jesus was designed by Edmund Kirkby and opened in 1899. The church of the Holy Name of Jesus was designed by Edmund Kirkby and opened in 1899. It is famous not just for its sense of peace and serenity engendered in large part by the use of natural materials such as the rose coloured brickwork and woodblock flooring but also for the three stained glass window made by Sr Margaret Rope who was a Carmelite nun and member of the Arts & Crafts movement.
Booking not required
Disabled access