Martello Tower No. 24 in Dymchurch High Street was one of 74 towers built along the south coast between 1805 and 1812 to resist the threatened French invasion.
It has been restored to its original design and contains replica gunpowder barrels and a 24 pounder muzzle-loading cannon on the gun platform. Of all the Martello Towers remaining, Martello24 is closest to its original condition and it can been seen as it was when occupied by the military.
Visiting Martello Tower 24
The tower will be open in 2018 every Saturday, Sunday and BH 2 pm to 4 pm from Easter 2018 until 28 October 2018.