The Friends of St Nicholas Church, Ash

Did you know:
• Most of the existing Church of St Nicholas, Ash dates from the 13th century.
• The cruciform design, dominated by the central tower, built in about 1500, today contains 10 bells. Its spire can be seen at considerable distance and was once a maritime navigational aid.
• The surviving collection of monumental effigies, including several very attractive brasses, has been authoritatively described as the finest in Kent.
• St Nicholas was extensively altered during the Victorian era including the north porch and pulpit, designed by the architect William Butterfield, and some beautiful stained glass windows.

The Friends of St Nicholas Church, Ash
• Are a secular organisation who appreciate the building architecturally
• Are a registered charity, No. 1045933, who welcome all comers to help raise money for the maintenance of this historic and important church.

St Nicholas Church, The Street, Ash (near Sandwich) CT3 2EN

Email The Friends of St Nicholas Church, Ash here

Share this page