Offering family entertainment, this natural open air amphitheatre with woodland backdrop is located in a delightful,... See more >
Sheldon, Sheldon Lane, Doddiscombsleigh, Exeter EX6 7YT
Since 1968, Stuart Line Cruises has been listed as one of the top family attractions in Devon and is widely recognised... See more >
Exmouth Marina, Exmouth EX8 1FE
Internationally awardwinning theatre & film company specialising in classical and historical dramas.
The South..... See more >
(rehearsal venue) Chestnut Community Centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, TQ5 0SA
The Arts Institute at the University of Plymouth encompasses a wide-ranging arts programme which plays an important... See more >
University of Plymouth PL4 8AA
Thelma Hulbert Gallery (THG) hosts a changing exhibition programme of contemporary art & craft, alongside a permanent... See more >
Honiton EX14 1LX
Based in Seaton, East Devon, only 100m from the beach, on the beautiful Jurassic Coast, we bring together local artists... See more >
10 Marine Place, Seaton EX12 2QL
East Devon's leading theatre and venue, holding a wide range of events and activities throughout the year... See more >
Exmouth Pavilion, Esplanade, Exmouth EX8 2AZ
Take your seats and let the show begin as the curtain rises at one of Devon’s favourite community theatres... See more >
Palace Theatre Paignton
Paignton TQ3 3HF
A project delivered by Westbank to help support your local community See more >
Budleigh Salterton Hub
East Budleigh Rd EX9 6HF
I’m a soulful blues, R&B and gospel-inspired performer from the Deep South West of the UK.
I write & sing my own..... See more >
Top Floor, River House, Seymour Terrace, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5AQ
Endurance events in the South West including triathlons, duathlons, open water swims, trail races, cycle sportives... See more >
Totnes TQ9 6JP
KARST creates space for taking risks, where artists and curators can experiment, provoke, disrupt and innovate... See more >
22 George Place,
Plymouth PL1 3NY
Things to do around Devon
If you're planning a day out in Devon, this beautiful county in South West England offers a plethora of activities to explore. From stunning beaches to historic landmarks, here are some delightful options for your day in Devon:
1. Bantham Beach: Start your day with a visit to Bantham Beach. This long sandy beach boasts shallow waters, making it perfect for families with young children. Water sports enthusiasts will also appreciate the surfing opportunities here. Keep an eye out for wildlife, as Bantham Beach was even featured in Lonely Planet's guide to the 10 Best Beaches in Europe. Don't miss the Gastrobus for beach snacks and picnic benches to enjoy your food. You can even kayak over to the exclusive Bigbury Beach on Burgh Island for a unique experience¹.
2. Beer Beach: Head to Beer Beach, a hotspot in North Devon. Surrounded by majestic limestone cliffs, this shingle beach is family-friendly and offers kayaks and boat rentals. It's also a great spot for fishing. Plus, the abundance of beaches in Devon means you can enjoy free days out by the coast¹.
3. Bygones Victorian Museum in Torquay: Beyond the beaches, explore the Bygones Victorian Museum in Torquay. This museum takes you back in time, showcasing Victorian life with fascinating exhibits. From vintage toys to period costumes, it's a nostalgic journey into the past¹.
4. Festivals in Devon: Check out any local festivals happening during your visit. Devon hosts various events throughout the year, celebrating music, food, arts, and culture. Join in the festivities and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere².
5. Blackpool Sands Beach: If you're looking for a relaxing spot, head to Blackpool Sands Beach. This Blue Flag beach offers golden sands and crystal-clear waters. Pack a picnic, soak up the sun, and enjoy the Great British seaside vibes¹.
6. Explore Clovelly: Wander around the charming village of Clovelly. Its cobbled streets, whitewashed cottages, and stunning coastal views create a picturesque setting. Don't forget to visit the famous Clovelly Harbour and learn about its fascinating history¹.
7. Dawlish Warren: Enjoy the classic British seaside experience at Dawlish Warren. This sandy beach is perfect for sunbathing, building sandcastles, and paddling in the shallow waters. Take a leisurely stroll along the promenade and treat yourself to ice cream or fish and chips¹.
8. Dartmoor Prison Museum: For something different, learn about the history of Dartmoor Prison. The museum provides insights into prison life, famous inmates, and the surrounding moorland. It's an intriguing and educational stop¹.
9. Hope Cove Beach: End your day by wandering from Hope Cove Beach to Hope Cove itself. This picturesque village offers stunning coastal walks, quaint pubs, and breathtaking views. It's a serene way to wrap up your Devon adventure¹.
Remember, Devon's diverse landscapes and attractions ensure a memorable day out – whether you're a beach lover, history enthusiast, or simply seeking relaxation by the sea! 🌊🏖️🏰¹².
Source: Conversation with Bing, 30/01/2024
(1) 27 Best Days Out in Devon for 2023 (Free & Cheap Too!) - Day Out in England. https://dayoutinengland.com/best-days-out-in-devon/.
(2) Things to do Devon | Best days out 2024 | Devon's Top Attractions. https://www.devonstopattractions.co.uk/.
(3) 17 Beautiful Places to Visit in Devon for a Great Day Out . https://www.farawaylucy.com/places-to-visit-in-devon/.
Where Can We Go Ltd.