We are a 50 strong, 4 part male voice choir, based in Sarisbury Green, Hampshire. It began in 1940 in Portsmouth... See more >
Sarisbury Green Social Club, 108, Bridge Road, Sarisbury Green, Hampshire SO31 7EP
We love great comedy and we're committed to bringing great acts to Basingstoke. Previous acts include Milton..... See more >
Apollo Hotel Basingstoke, Aldermaston Road Roundabout, Basingstoke, Hants. RG24 9NU
Hatstand Opera offer you the laughter, passion and sheer joy of professional opera, sung live by experienced opera... See more >
12 Chiltern Avenue GU14 9SE
A ceilidh series in South Hampshire for the South of England.
Dances are held in The Hilt (Cuckoo Bushes Hall), SO53..... See more >
Cuckoo Bushes Hall
Hiltingbury Recreation Ground
Chandler’s Ford SO53 5NP
Groundlings Theatre is based in Portsmouth in a unique Grade II* listed building first built in 1784. Now it is home to..... See more >
42 Kent Street
Portsmouth PO1 3BS
A Victorian heritage site situated at the foot of the South Downs National Park, Petersfield Museum looks to tell the... See more >
St Peter’s Road
Petersfield GU32 3HX
The Community Centre was built in 1981, and is based in the very heart of the Island, on the edge of West Town Shopping... See more >
Hampshire PO11 0HB
The Centre is run by Viables Community Association which is a voluntary led charity serving the local... See more >
Viables Community Centre The Harrow Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG22 4BJ
A popular four-part, 40-strong choir now in its 41st year.
Leader Solveig Harris is a professional musician, and..... See more >
Main practice venue and ’home’. United Free Church, Basingwell Street Upper, Bishop’s Waltham, Hampshire SO32 1AL
Hello, we are the Basingstoke Lions Club. We are a local branch of an international service organisation called Lions..... See more >
3 Wentworth Crescent
Basingstoke RG22 4WU
Everest Education Limited is a NEBDN registered Dental Nursing Diploma qualification provider in Farnborough,... See more >
Church Street, Basingstoke RG21 7QT
Alverstoke residents are opening their private gardens to visitors. Interesting private gardens and allotments await..... See more >
Alverstoke Parish Centre, Green Lane, Alverstoke, Gosport PO12 2ET
Things to do around Hampshire
Hampshire, a county in southern England, offers a wealth of activities for a memorable day out. Whether you're interested in outdoor adventures, cultural exploration, or family-friendly fun, Hampshire has something to suit every taste. Here are some top things to do in Hampshire:
1. Explore Brockenhurst in the New Forest:
- Brockenhurst is a charming village in the heart of the New Forest. Enjoy scenic walks through ancient woodlands, spot wildlife, and cool off in the Balmer Lawn waters. For lunch, head to The Huntsman or indulge in a meal at The Pig, where you can also visit the on-site animals. Brockenhurst is well-connected to other New Forest villages, making it an ideal base for exploring the area¹.
2. Cycle through Lyndhurst and Enjoy Afternoon Tea:
- Visit Lyndhurst, known for the New Forest Lavender Farm. Capture stunning photos amidst the purple lavender shoots. Explore the high street with its unique shops and cozy cafes for afternoon tea. Don't miss the traditional pubs for a pint¹.
3. Discover Farlington Marshes and Hilsea Lines:
- Explore Farlington Marshes at the top of Portsea Island. Combine it with a trip to Hilsea Lines or venture into Southsea for more exploration. These natural areas offer scenic walks and birdwatching opportunities¹.
4. Visit Winchester Cathedral and City:
- Winchester Cathedral is a magnificent Gothic masterpiece. Explore its historic interiors, climb the tower for panoramic views, and learn about its rich history. Wander through Winchester's charming streets, visit local shops, and enjoy a meal at one of the city's restaurants¹.
5. Enjoy the South Downs National Park:
- Hampshire is home to a part of the South Downs National Park. Take a hike along the rolling hills, enjoy breathtaking views, and immerse yourself in nature. Pack a picnic and savor the serene surroundings¹.
6. Discover Historic Portsmouth:
- Visit Portsmouth, a historic naval city. Explore the Historic Dockyard, home to the HMS Victory and the Mary Rose. Walk along the waterfront, visit the Spinnaker Tower, and learn about Portsmouth's maritime heritage¹.
7. Relax at Hayling Island Beach:
- Head to Hayling Island for a relaxing beach day. Enjoy sandy shores, beach huts, and coastal walks. It's a great spot for families and beachcombers¹.
8. Explore Jane Austen's House Museum:
- Literature enthusiasts will appreciate Jane Austen's House Museum in Chawton. Visit the former home of the beloved author, explore the gardens, and learn about her life and works¹.
9. Visit Beaulieu and the National Motor Museum:
- Explore Beaulieu, home to the National Motor Museum. Discover vintage cars, explore the Beaulieu Palace House, and stroll through the picturesque grounds. Don't miss the Beaulieu Abbey and the serene Beaulieu River¹.
10. Sample Local Cuisine and Pubs:
- Hampshire offers delightful food experiences. Try traditional dishes, visit local pubs, and savor regional flavors. Whether it's a hearty meal or a cream tea, Hampshire's culinary scene won't disappoint¹.
Remember to check opening hours and any booking requirements for these attractions. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or cultural heritage, Hampshire promises an enriching and diverse day out! 🌟🏞️🎉¹.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 30/01/2024
(1) 26 Proven Brilliant Days Out in Hampshire for 2023 - Day Out in England. https://dayoutinengland.com/days-out-in-hampshire/.
(2) 17 Days Out and Activities in Hampshire for Adults | HTA. https://www.hampshireattractions.co.uk/hampshire-adult-days-out/.
(3) 43 Brilliant Family Days Out in Hampshire. https://thingstodoinhampshirewithkids.co.uk/family-days-out-in-hampshire/.
Where Can We Go Ltd.