FutureScape is the UK's leading landscaping event. Our exhibitors represent the entire landscaping industry, from..... See more >
Royal Victoria Dock
1 Western Gateway
Greater London E16 1XL
Discover Your Ticket to Unforgettable Experiences with Aticket!
Hey there! We’re thrilled to unveil something..... See more >
Near London’s bridge SE10 0ES
Welling Round Table are a group of youngish men who give their time to raise money for their Charitable Trust which... See more >
Guy Earl of Warwick
Welling DA16 1TB
The London International Festival of Early Music is one of the largest and most inclusive early music festivals in the... See more >
St. Michael & All Angels, Pond Road, Blackheath SE3 9JL
Bridge Tea House Pop Up Theatre
Debbie Bridge started Bridge Tea House Pop Up theatre in 2010, as a professional... See more >
Musica Antica Rotherhithe was founded in 2016 by local musicians Oliver Doyle and Jessica Eucker, with the aim of... See more >
Holy Trinity Church, Rotherhithe
Bryan Road SE16 5HF
Ilford and West Essex MRC is the 4th oldest model railway club in England, and has its headquarters adjacent to... See more >
Adjacent to Chadwell Heath Station, Station Road, Chadwell Heath RM6 4BU
We are an art organisation working within the learning departments of many museums, galleries, schools and charities... See more >
Wanstead House Community Association,
21 The Green
London E11 2NT
At Magpie Dance everyone is empowered for life.
We are an inclusive dance company for children and adults with..... See more >
The Churchill Theatre
Bromley BR1 1HA
Are you ready to be enchanted? Candlelight Concerts Club creates seriously relaxed evening concerts for busy culture..... See more >
St. Mary Magdalen, 193 Bermondsey Street SE1 3UW
Free part-time training package for 16-25 year olds interested in film, video, TV, journalism and the creative... See more >
201 Millfields Road E5 0AL
City Chamber Choir aims to revive neglected choral works from past ages, to search out the best in 20th century... See more >
St Mary at Hill, London, UK EC3R 8EE
Things to do around London
London, the vibrant capital of the United Kingdom, offers an abundance of activities for a memorable day out. Whether you're a local or a visitor, there's something for everyone in this bustling metropolis. Let's explore some of the best things to do in London:
1. Visit London's Markets:
- London has a plethora of markets, each with its own unique vibe. Here are some must-visit options:
- Old Spitalfields Market: Located in east central London, it offers vintage clothing, handmade accessories, worldly foods, and novel art.
- Camden Market: Perfect for rockers and music lovers, it's known for leather jackets, vegan lunch options, and piercings.
- Portobello Market: Notting Hill's colorful houses and unique items make it a popular spot for photographers.
- Borough Market: London's premium food market with a variety of delicious treats, from coffee to fresh farm produce.
2. Explore Arty and Architectural Gems:
- Even if you're not religious, visiting London's churches is a treat. Explore historic architecture and stunning stained glass windows. Some notable ones include:
- St. Paul's Cathedral: Climb to the top for panoramic views of the city.
- Westminster Abbey: A UNESCO World Heritage Site with centuries of history.
- St. Martin-in-the-Fields: Attend a classical music concert or enjoy a meal at its crypt cafe.
- Southwark Cathedral: A hidden gem near Borough Market.
- Temple Church: Known for its round nave and medieval origins.
3. Enjoy the Outdoors:
- London has beautiful green spaces and outdoor activities:
- Hyde Park: Stroll by the Serpentine, rent a rowboat, or have a picnic.
- Regent's Park: Visit the Queen Mary's Rose Garden and the London Zoo.
- Richmond Park: Spot deer and enjoy the vast open space.
- Hampstead Heath: Explore the heathland, swim in the ponds, and take in the skyline views.
- Thames River Walk: Follow the Thames Path for scenic riverside views.
4. Quirky and Fun Activities:
- London offers plenty of unique experiences:
- Shuffleboarding: Try shuffleboard at venues like The London Shuffle Club.
- Escape Rooms: Solve puzzles and unravel mysteries at various escape room locations.
- Weird Experiences: From immersive theater to unusual dining, London has it all.
- Electronic Darts: Play darts with a modern twist at Flight Club.
- Go Karting: Race around indoor tracks at TeamSport Karting.
- Virtual Reality Experiences: Try VR gaming or immersive storytelling at Otherworld³.
5. Day Trips from London:
- If you have more time, consider day trips to nearby destinations:
- Windsor: Visit Windsor Castle, the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world.
- Greenwich: Explore the Royal Observatory, the Cutty Sark, and the Maritime Museum.
- Oxford: Discover the famous university city and its historic colleges.
- Cambridge: Explore the picturesque colleges and punting on the River Cam.
- Brighton: Enjoy the beach, the Royal Pavilion, and the quirky Lanes.
Remember to check opening hours and any booking requirements for these attractions. Whether you're interested in culture, outdoor adventures, or quirky experiences, London promises an unforgettable day out!
Where Can We Go Ltd.