I'm a certified Qigong teacher in the Energy Arts lineage of Bruce Frantzis. I mostly teach Dragon & Tiger..... See more >
Methodist Church Hall, 10 Corvedale Rd, Craven Arms, Shropshire SY7 9ND
Our beautiful fine art gallery, printmaking studio and Framing workshop is located in the heart of Ironbridge... See more >
Ironbridge Fine Arts
Shropshire TF8 7NJ
The Marches Choir is a group of around 80 singers drawn from a wide area around the small market town of Bishop’s... See more >
Marches Community Choir, c/o Enterprise House, Station Street, Bishop’s Castle SY9 5AQ
Since 1972 TADLOP has been bringing a little of the West End to Telford with its yearly stagings of full-scale... See more >
Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery (SM&AG) sits proudly in the town square and is the county’s flagship museum and art... See more >
Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery
Shrewsbury SY1 1LH
Shropshire art society is a thriving community of artists and lovers of the visual arts, based in the beautiful county... See more >
Shropshire Art Society
29 Sutton Grove
United Kingdom SY2 6DN
Established in 1943, the Field Studies Council has become internationally respected for its national network of 17... See more >
Field Studies Council,
Shropshire, SY4 1HW
Things to do around Shropshire
Shropshire, an underrated county straddling the border between England and Wales, offers a delightful mix of countryside, historic castles, and bustling towns. Whether you're planning a family-friendly day out or something just for the adults, here are some fantastic activities to explore in Shropshire:
1. See Shrewsbury from the River:
- If you're in the Welsh border town of Shrewsbury, hop aboard the vessel Sabrina for a scenic boat tour on the River Severn. With scheduled day trips, evening cruises, and private hire options, you can enjoy the sights from the outdoor top deck or relax in the comfortable lounge area. The knowledgeable guide onboard provides live commentary on the town's landmarks as you sail past¹.
2. Sunday Lunch on the Severn Valley Railway:
- Begin your adventure in neighboring Kidderminster (Worcestershire) and board the Severn Valley Railway. As the steam train chugs through the rolling hills of Shropshire's Severn Valley, indulge in a mouth-watering Sunday lunch. Choose between dining in a 1930s Great Western Railways Carriage or the more luxurious first-class carriage styled on the 1940s. Stewards ensure a delightful three-course meal, and you'll have ample time to soak in the views before reaching Bridgnorth. Cream teas are also available on weekday journeys¹.
3. Shropshire Raft Tours:
- Explore the county by water with Shropshire Raft Tours. Hire kayaks or canoes, or join a rafting tour on the Severn River. Pass attractions like the iconic Iron Bridge as you journey from Ironbridge to Jackfield. Safety provisions are provided, and a qualified skipper guides your rafting experience¹.
4. Outdoor Leisure Activities:
- Shropshire offers a range of outdoor adventures:
- Mountain boarding
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Quad trekking
- Glide over the Long Mynd in a two-seat glider.
- Try canoeing, rafting, or stand-up paddleboarding on the stunning River Severn².
5. Farm Attractions and Heritage Railways:
- Get up close to animals at Shropshire's fun farm attractions. Feed lambs, walk with hawks, brush alpacas, or ride ponies.
- Explore heritage railway lines, a popular attraction in the county³.
Remember to check opening hours and book any tickets in advance. Whether you're cruising the river, enjoying a scenic train ride, or embarking on water adventures, Shropshire promises a memorable day out! 🌟🏞️🎉¹²³.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 30/01/2024
(1) 15 Best Days Out in Shropshire for 2023 | Day Out in England. https://dayoutinengland.com/best-days-out-in-shropshire/.
(2) Visit Shropshire - Activities and things to do in Shropshire. https://www.visitshropshire.co.uk/things-to-do/activities/.
(3) Visit Shropshire - Attractions in and around Shropshire. https://www.visitshropshire.co.uk/things-to-do/attractions/.
Where Can We Go Ltd.