The River & Rowing Museum inspires escape and exploration, telling the many stories of the River Thames and celebrating... See more >
River & Rowing Museum, Mill Meadows, Henley on Thames, RG9 1BF
National Trust property: Greys Court - open to the public. Please see National Trust website for details. See more >
Rotherfield Greys, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 4PG
Immersive Escape Room near Reading, hidden in a real Barber shop!
Local men are going missing...
Can you solve all..... See more >
Immersive Escape Room near Reading, in a real Barber Shop
Local men are vanishing...
Someone at Burghfield..... See more >
37 clayhill road, Burghfield common, Reading RG7 3HF
Get hands on involved with all our animals on the farm in Berkshire. Groom Goats and Ponies, feed pigs, Groom guinea..... See more >
Heroes Farm, Bartletts Lane, Holyport SL6 2JD
Create Cherished Family Memories with The Little Green Boat Company!
Set sail for unforgettable family fun at The..... See more >
The Little Green Boat Company
Higginson Park SL7 2AE
National Trust property: Basildon Park - open to the public. Please see National Trust website for details. See more >
Lower Basildon, Reading, RG8 9NR
Discover Riverside Bliss with The Little Green Boat Company in Maidenhead!
Embark on an aquatic adventure with The..... See more >
Ray Mill Island, Boulters Lock,
Maidenhead SL6 8PE
National Trust property: West Green House Garden - open to the public. Please see National Trust website for details. See more >
West Green, Hartley Wintney, RG27 8JB
National Trust property: Cliveden - open to the public. Please see National Trust website for details. See more >
Taplow, Maidenhead, SL6 0JA
Half Acre Garden open to the public by appointment in aid of NGS and High Wycombe Scannappeal.
It features many..... See more >
Magnolia House Grange Drive, Wooburn Green HP10 0QD
National Trust property: The Vyne - open to the public. Please see National Trust website for details. See more >
Vyne Road, Sherborne St John, Basingstoke, RG24 9HL
Things to do around Reading
Reading is a vibrant town in Berkshire, England, that has a lot to offer for families looking for a fun and memorable day out. Whether you want to immerse yourself in the history and culture of the town, enjoy the natural beauty of the river and the countryside, or have some adrenaline-filled adventures, Reading has something for everyone. Here are some of the best things to do with kids in Reading:
- Experience the thrill of laser tag, go-karting, trampoline parks, and more at Reload, TeamSport Indoor Karting, Atom Trampoline Park, and RedKangaroo Reading. These are great places to have some friendly competition and burn off some energy. ¹²³
- Learn about the history and legends of Reading at the Reading Museum, the Museum of Berkshire Aviation, the Ure Museum of Greek Archaeology, and the Reading Abbey Ruins. These are fascinating places to see artefacts, models, ruins, and stories from different periods and cultures.
- Enjoy the beauty and tranquility of nature at the Beale Wildlife Park, the Wellington Country Park, the Forbury Gardens, and the Kennet & Avon Canal. These are lovely places to see a variety of animals, plants, and scenery, and have a relaxing picnic or a leisurely stroll.
- Have some fun and creativity at the Mad Hatters Pottery Painting Cafe, the Jungle Mania Woodley, the Escape Hunt Reading, and the Vue Reading. These are fun places to paint your own pottery, play in a soft play area, solve puzzles and escape rooms, and watch the latest movies.
Reading is a great place for a family day out or a weekend getaway. With so many attractions and activities to choose from, you'll never run out of things to do in Reading. Book your tickets online and start planning your adventure today.
Source: Conversation with Bing, 29/01/2024
(1) THE 10 BEST Things to Do in Reading with Kids (Updated 2024) - Tripadvisor. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g186363-Activities-zft11306-Reading_Berkshire_England.html.
(2) Best Things To Do & Days Out In Reading, Berkshire - Day Out With The Kids. https://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/things-to-do/south-east-and-london/berkshire/reading.
(3) Family Friendly Activities - Visit Reading. https://www.visit-reading.com/things-to-do/family-friendly-activities.
Where Can We Go Ltd.