The Online Clown Academy* presents the
Clowns In Crisis Conference, 6-8 November 2020
We are asking:
How Can Clowning Help You and How Can Clowns Help Others In Times Of Crisis?
This ground-breaking online conference brings together performers & practitioners to consider how clowning is applied to the world in the forms of personal or political change. Delegates include dramatherapists personal development practitioners therapists of all kinds activists performers clowns fools idiots & anyone interested.
A mix of free / donations-based events and paid-for workshops. All events are ticketed as places are limited.
A highlight of the conference is our Saturday night panel discussion. Organisers Holly Stoppit & Robyn Hambrook will be joined by a powerhouse panel of respected and renowned international practitioners who all specialise in personal and/or political applications of clowning. Join us to put your questions and take part in a hearty discussion.
• Rachel Cain (Sacred Clown healer, Spain)
• Faith Tingle-Bartoli (clown performer & Giggle Doctor, UK)
• Hilary Ramsden (Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army, UK/Greece)
• Sabine Choucair (Clown Me In Beirut)
* The Online Clown Academy was created by Bristol-based clown teachers Holly Stoppit and Robyn Hambrook during the coronavirus pandemic. Holly is originally from a circus and street theatre background and has since trained as a dramatherapist, she specialises in clowning for adult mental health. Robyn is a physical theatre performer, community circus practitioner and leader of the Bristol Rebel Clowns.