No results found for this search. Please try other locations or dates.
Things to do around Oxfordshire
Oxfordshire, with its rich history, stunning landscapes, and vibrant cultural scene, offers a plethora of activities for an unforgettable day out. Whether you're a local or a visitor, here are some fantastic options to explore:
1. Blenheim Palace, Woodstock:
- UNESCO-listed Blenheim Palace is a true gem. Not only is it the birthplace of Winston Churchill, but it's also the only non-royal country house in England to be granted the title of palace. Explore its grand stately rooms, wander through the botanic gardens, and venture out into the estate on various walking trails. Don't miss the maze, miniature train, and the enchanting Christmas festivities.
2. Oxford Walking Tour:
- To truly soak in the charm of Oxford, join a guided walking tour. Explore the university's historic colleges, learn about J.R.R. Tolkien's haunts, and discover filming locations from the Harry Potter series. The Visitor Information Centre on Broad Street can help you choose the perfect tour.
3. Christ Church, Oxford:
- Among the University of Oxford colleges, Christ Church stands out. With six Grade I listed buildings, the iconic Tom Tower, and a Gothic cathedral, it's a must-visit. Immerse yourself in centuries of history within its walls.
4. Explore the Cotswolds:
- Oxfordshire is surrounded by picturesque villages in the Cotswolds. Take a leisurely drive through rolling hills, visit charming market towns like Burford and Chipping Norton, and enjoy the quintessential English countryside.
5. Thames Path Walking Trail:
- Follow the Thames Path along the River Thames. Enjoy riverside views, spot wildlife, and take in the serene beauty of the waterway.
6. Oxford Botanic Garden:
- Established in 1621, the Oxford Botanic Garden is the oldest in Britain. Explore its diverse plant collections and relax in the peaceful surroundings.
7. Ashmolean Museum:
- Delve into art, archaeology, and history at the Ashmolean Museum. It houses an impressive collection spanning centuries and civilizations.
8. Punting on the Cherwell or Isis:
- Experience the timeless tradition of punting on the tranquil rivers. Hire a punt and glide along the water, admiring the historic buildings along the banks.
9. Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens:
- Just outside Oxfordshire, this wildlife park is home to a variety of animals. Explore the beautifully landscaped gardens and enjoy close encounters with exotic species.
10. Oxford Covered Market:
- Wander through this historic market, filled with independent shops, cafes, and stalls. Sample local produce and find unique souvenirs.
Remember to check opening hours and any booking requirements for these attractions. Oxfordshire promises a day filled with history, natural beauty, and cultural delights!
Where Can We Go Ltd.