No results found for this search. Please try other locations or dates.
Things to do around Somerset
Somerset, one of the most beautiful counties in England, offers a plethora of activities for a memorable day out. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or family-friendly adventures, Somerset has something to satisfy every taste. Here are some fantastic options:
1. Bath for the Day:
- Explore the stunning city of Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the historic Roman Baths, admire the Georgian architecture, and take a dip in the Thermae Bath Spa. Don't miss the vibrant markets, rooftop bars, and scenic River Avon views.
- Beyond the famous festival, Glastonbury is an iconic spiritual town. Climb up to Glastonbury Tor, believed to be the Isle of Avalon and King Arthur's burial site. Explore the quirky shops, dine in old pubs, and soak in the mystical atmosphere.
3. Taunton Shopping Day:
- Discover the charming town of Taunton. Enjoy a hot chocolate at Mr Miles Tea and Coffee, shop in the pretty centre, and perhaps indulge in afternoon tea. Combine it with a morning visit to Burnham-on-Sea Beach for a perfect day out.
4. Relax on Burnham-on-Sea Beach:
- Head to Burnham-on-Sea, one of Somerset's popular seaside resorts. Walk along the sandy shores, admire the red and white lighthouse, and take a stroll on the pier. It's a great spot for a relaxing day by the sea.
5. The Grand National Bath Festival:
- If your visit coincides with the festival, immerse yourself in music, arts, and cultural events. The festival celebrates Bath's vibrant creative scene and attracts visitors from all around.
6. Visit The City of Wells:
- Explore the smallest city in England, Wells. Admire the stunning Wells Cathedral, stroll through the Bishop's Palace Gardens, and explore the charming streets. Don't miss the historic Vicars' Close, the oldest residential street in Europe.
7. Grand Pier in Weston-super-Mare:
- Take a trip to Weston-super-Mare and visit the Grand Pier. Enjoy arcade games, fairground rides, and stunning views of the Bristol Channel. It's a classic British seaside experience.
8. Cheddar Village and Cheddar Gorge:
- Explore the picturesque village of Cheddar and venture into the dramatic Cheddar Gorge. Walk along the cliffs, visit the caves, and learn about the area's fascinating history. Don't forget to try some authentic Cheddar cheese.
9. Exmoor National Park:
- If you're a nature lover, head to Exmoor National Park. Enjoy scenic drives, hike along the rugged coastline, and spot wildlife in this stunning natural reserve.
10. Free Things to Do in Somerset:
- For budget-friendly options, consider visiting iconic landmarks, enjoying breathtaking views, and exploring the beautiful coastline. Check out the 33 free things to do in Somerset for more ideas.
Remember to check opening hours and any booking requirements for these attractions. Whether you're interested in history, relaxation, or outdoor adventures, Somerset promises a fantastic day out!
Where Can We Go Ltd.